The Silk Road Design Encounter is for Art Lovers Who Are Drawn to Unknown Worlds
Are you one of those art lovers who craves the adventure of exploring unknown cultures, connecting with local people, and bringing home something unique and beautiful that you’ll cherish forever? But sometimes, all you get is a generic tourist experience where you’re not sure if you or the artist is being ripped off?
We Understand that Many People Aren't Able to Enjoy In-Person Travel to Remote Places Today
Many people simply don't have the time and/or money to take advantage of that kind of memorable behind-the-scenes travel. The logistical hassle of international travel has become a nightmare. And besides, in today’s world, accessibility, health and safety concerns often make it seem too risky to travel to those exotic locations.
The True Magic of Travel Comes from Deep Connection
But it's not really about time or money, or even physical travel. The magic comes from who you meet and how deeply you are able to engage in meaningful interaction on your journey.
The HoonArts Silk Road Design Connection Is the Perfect Solution
The secret to that art adventure of a lifetime is a local master artist who invites you into their home and their cultural and artistic world. Our virtual Silk Road Design Encounter program, with our unique TEACUP Method, offers:
- deep cultural understanding
- personal connection
- trustworthy access to beautiful and unique handmade products that you’ll cherish
- the opportunity to support cultural preservation and economic empowerment
- all in a deeper and more concentrated form than in-person travel
The First 4-Session "Traveler" Programs Will Launch Fall 2022
Uzbekistan: Aziz Murtazaev, Master Ikat Weaving Artist:
- Sunday, Oct. 29, 9:00-10:30 am US Mountain Time
- Saturday, Nov. 5, 9:00-10:30am US Mountain Time
- Sunday, Nov. 20, 9:00-10:30 am US Mountain Time
- Saturday, Dec. 11: 9:00 am US Mountain Time
Tajikistan: Munira Akilova, Master Suzani Embroidery Artist
- Sunday, Nov. 13, 9:00-10:30 am US Mountain time
- Saturday, Nov. 19, 9:00-10:30 am US Mountain time
- Sunday, Dec. 4, 9:00-10:30 am US Mountain time
- Saturday, Dec. 10, 9:00-10:30 am. US Mountain time
You can have family and friends (up to 3 extra people) join you for your online adventure, as long as you are all in the same location and using a single device to log in.
Participation is Limited to 8 Registrations Per Series, So Reserve Your Place Now:
You can reserve your place today for either series. Just scroll to the bottom of the page and choose "Uzbekistan" or "Tajikistan" to begin your adventure. As soon as you complete your purchase, we'll send you the Zoom link and related materials by email.
Download the Silk Road Design Encounter brochure for more details.